Meet Your Rochester Orthodontist
Every day I come to the office knowing I will be working to make positive changes in the lives of my patients. When a person feels comfortable in their appearance, they have stronger self-esteem and more confidence. I love watching a patient’s personality develop and blossom as they move through treatment: as they see their teeth straighten and their new smile emerge, they start to open up and become more outgoing. Being part of this process is an honor.
My patients keep me young. No matter whether I am caring for a child, adolescent, or adult, they bring so much energy to their appointments! They want to show us how well they’ve done with their home care, and they want to share their latest news, too. Their enthusiasm is contagious, and I love every minute of it.
I also treasure the conversations I have with each person. I always come away from those exchanges with some new tidbit of information, or a better understanding of the world or myself. My patients may not realize it, but I look forward to seeing each of them!
Why an Orthodontist in Rochester?
Orthodontist vs. Dentist
An orthodontist is a dentist, but a dentist is not an Orthodontist. All orthodontists are dentists first, but though not every dentist has the qualifications to be an orthodontist. Dr. Gleason continued his formal education for 2 or 3 additional years before receiving the necessary license and certification. As an orthodontist, Dr. Gleason has spent years studying nothing but how and why to move teeth. This includes what to do, how to plan, and how to execute the appropriate treatment plan.
Why does it matter if you see your Rochester Orthodontist?
Specialists receive additional training to give them the skills needed to deal with more complex orthodontic problems. Dentists receive basic orthodontic training which allows them to perform root canals, extract wisdom teeth, and treat young children who do not need to see an orthodontist yet.
Seeing a specialist like your Rochester orthodontist may change your experience in braces by:
- Providing additional treatment options.
- Giving you more efficient treatment and visits, because it is the office's primary area of care.
- Knowing that you'll receive the best possible outcome on your treatment plan, especially if you have severe bite problems that need to be addressed.
- Personal experience treating multiple cases that share your unique concerns
- Being seen more quickly, as a family dentist will be focused on longer patient cases or emergencies throughout the day.
- You may think it's easier to have your orthodontic work completed by your dentist. Convenience shouldn't be a concern, because you will only be stopping by your Rochester orthodontist's offices every six to eight weeks.
And don't let price be a problem either! Gleason Orthodontics is proud to provide affordable treatment in the Webster area.